Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My life. His story

I haven't blogged in a while because I want my blog to be about what God is doing in my life and man has he been doing something big! I have been debating whether or not I should make this public. Why not? Its His story anyways.

I knew from the moment I started beauty school that I was exactly where God wanted me. I trusted Him through the whole process of school and job searching because I knew this was His plan for me. I started working at the salon right out of school and had a few really really tough months. Again, I knew God wanted me there but didn't know what he was going to do. I prayed and trusted Him to get me through those tough times.

During this process He was teaching me more than I even knew. I have learned that I have a very strong spirit of discernment. God has given me the ability to discern good from evil (as He does everyone), mine is just super strong. I have recently learned that I have been reacting to those feelings in all the wrong ways. Anger, criticism, judgment, sadness, and a need to control. God has shown me that he gave me that discernment so I can separate what's right and wrong, what's from Him and what's from the world. When I feel the holy spirit telling me something isn't right, I need to pray and pray hard! I don't need to judge or get angry and I definitely don't need to open my mouth (who would have guessed that's my biggest struggle ;) ).

Now on to the main point! I originally thought God wanted me to do hair so I can witness to my clients. Obviously that's a good idea but his plan was a little different. He placed me at this salon to be his light to the people I work with. God has some serious work to do and He trusted me to help Him. ME! What makes me so special? There are plenty of other people more suitable for this job! Of course it's scary and of course I don't feel worthy but he chose ME. At this point I have no choice but to follow His lead because he trusted me to be his vessel in this place and I'm going to do it! We have work to do and I am beyond honored that He wants me!

I have so many stories of success and failures that I've experienced through this journey. Some are personal to certain people and I don' t want to share things like that. I do have one story though! I have a client who attends a church in Albion called Real Life Ministries (at least I believe that's what it's called). She came in a few times and each time I felt so refreshed and encouraged! Well she ended up referring  four other clients to me and all of them are from the same church. Everytime one of them came in I just felt God's presence and reassurance. Of course a large number of my clients are friends and church family who bless me every day as well! God has brought me some of the most amazing clients! People who continually encourage me and feed me the good news of Christ when I need it most. He has been so faithful to me and I am just beyond grateful to Him.

All of that to say this. God truely does have a plan for each of us and when we follow His lead it is nothing short of incredible. I'm not saying this journey isn't hard but it's so worth it. What's better than doing work for Christ everyday! My latest struggle is knowing when to be quiet and also controlling my tongue. The words we say are more powerful than we know. If you feel like encouraging me in that I would love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment