Friday, May 18, 2012

Yes I am young. Yes I am getting married.

I haven't blogged in a while because I've been super busy! I also try not to blog unless it's about something positive or about something God has been doing in my life. This time it's a little negative.

Lately, everyone thinks it's important to inform me that I am too young to get married. "You haven't lived your life yet", or "Your too young to know what you want", or (the best one yet) "Do you know what life will be like in 10 years?". Here's what I have to say about that.

I have been in a relationship for a long time. We have had many ups and downs and have worked through alot of issues. It hasn't always been easy or fun but it has made us so much closer. God has done amazing things in both of us and I KNOW we will be happily married for our whole lives. How do I know this? God promised. He made a man and woman to have healthy, meaningful marriages. He is faithful and continues to bless us if we follows his ways. I commit to making God the center of my marriage and I won't accept anything negative people say about it.

This is where it gets kinda nasty. I'm sorry your marriage sucks. I'm sorry you don't have the life you want. I'm sorry your husband is so awful you have to talk crap about him behind his back. I'm sorry you made bad choices. I'm sorry you got a divorce. PLEASE don't put my relationship on that level and think that you know everything. Because the only person who does know everything says your wrong. And I trust Him.

That's all.

P.s. We moved our date!!! It's a little sooner than the original date and I couldn't be any happier! God has his hand in everything we are doing and all the plans we are making. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment