Thursday, January 26, 2012

Doing what I LOVE

Just one year ago, I was lost and confused and begging for some guidance in my life. I didn't know what I wanted to do and I really wasn't sure where my life was headed. That was until God stepped in.

At the end of high school, my parents and I were talking about what I should do in the fall. I really wanted to play volleyball somewhere but I wasn't sure what I wanted to major in. They asked me what I loved to do and I said hair. I love to do hair. That really didn't seem like an option.  After many discussions I decided to go to KVCC and play volleyball.

That year in Kalamazoo was one of the loneliest years of my life. I hated playing volleyball and I hated school. The only good thing about that year is my sisters and Brandon were all in Kalamazoo with me. Second semester I got a job and things got a little better. I was still very lonely. That Spring, Brandon had broken up with me and both my sisters decided to move back to Jackson. I was a mess. Even though this was the hardest time I have ever faced, God really spoke to me. He gave me peace and joy in a time where I was hurting. I decided to move back home when the semester ended.

That fall I began a semester at JCC. It was another long semester and my grades were not so hot. I decided to take the next semester off to really figure things out. One night in the beginning of March my mom and I had a talk. I told her I really didn't know what I wanted to do and she asked me again, what do you love? I said well I've always loved doing hair but i don't know. She said do it then. If that's what you love then do it. That night I began looking for schools. By April 11th I had officially began the best journey of my life. I was so scared about being poor and committing to 7 hrs 5 days a week but it all worked out better than I could have imagined.

Doing hair makes me so happy. I love everything about it. I love getting up and going to school even if it means long hours. I used to be ashamed when I told people what I was in school for. Now, I could talk for hours about the awesome things I do everyday and how God brought me to this place. I let God take control of my life and now I know I'm doing what I was called to do.

I sometimes think back to that year in Kalamazoo and wonder how I could have done things differently, Even though it was really tough, I wouldn't change a thing. I learned so much and I have no regrets. It's crazy to think that doing hair could be doing Gods work but I truly believe he brought me to this for a reason. I'm going to continue to love what I do and hope Gods light shine through me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment