Monday, January 16, 2012

Trusting God.

This is my first ever blog post so be easy on me :)

I wanted to start blogging because I have experienced a lot of things that I hope will help other people in their walk with God. Here is one of my recent testimonies.

I am currently in Beauty school in Battle Creek and I live in Jackson. I leave at 8 am and don't get home until 5 pm, Monday through Friday. This schedule doesn't leave me a ton of time to work so in short, I am POOR! Gas costs me about 70 dollars per week so that takes up the majority of my income.

At the beginning of school (about 9 months ago), I had $1,000 in the bank and I knew I had to stretch it out for the entire year of school. I was working just enough to cover gas and food expenses and my parents agreed to cover the rest. I had no extra money so that $1,000 was very important to me. I only touched that money when I absolutely had too.

I was extremely worried about money until God began to work on me. He was beginning to show me that He truely does provide and I don't have to worry for a single second about where my money will come from or how I will get by. I would not trade this for anything.

I have always tithed 10% for as long as I have been working. So, I continued to do so even if that meant having $3 left for the week. I began to get money from the most random places! One week, I needed $65 dollars for gas and I didn't have a single dollar. I got a check in the mail from the government for $65 that week. Seriously.   God began the show me to trust Him completely.

I continued tithing and working and everything was going great! Well, last week, I was listening the Family Life Radio and a story came on about a man who saved $27,000 for his retirement. Obviously that's a ton of money and i'm sure he had big plans. He ended up donating all of it to his church. As I was listening to this story, I experienced God speak to me for the first time ever.

God told me very clearly to give the rest of my money in my savings account away. I had $245 dollars left. That's a big deal to me. That's my security! God was telling me to give up that money and let Him be my security. I was holding on to that money for dear life because I believed once it was gone I was screwed! By giving that money away, I no longer had control. I gave it to God.

I gave the money to my church on Sunday! I couldn't be happier :) I know God has a plan for me and I am now humbled and completely vulnerable. That's when God does his work!


1 comment:

  1. Love it Emily. Good work. I'm glad God is doing good things for you. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete