Friday, January 20, 2012

Let's talk about SEX!

This story is a little bit harder for me to write about. It is very personal but I really feel like God convicted me of this so I could share my story with others. I struggled with the idea of posting this online but I hope it impacts someones life.

I remember in 8th grade we had a presentation about abstinence and the importance of waiting until marriage to have sex. I wasn't at school that day but all my friends told me they signed a paper saying they would wait. Ironic thing is, I never signed it. Everyone always said they would wait until marriage but when we all got older things changed. The whole concept really stuck with me and I know it was God. For some reason he chose this to really lay on my heart.

As I entered high school, I was on a bad road. I guess you could say I was a little wild. I wasn't terrible but I wasn't making the best choices either. Brandon and I started dating when I was 15 and he was 16. I told him from the start that I didn't want to have sex until marriage. He liked me anyways ;) Brandon was (is) such a great influence on me. I stopped drinking when we got together and calmed down a lot. God put Him in my life to get me back on track.

Five years have passed since we got together. I am happy to say we are still waiting... still. It has been super hard and let me tell you, God is the reason why I am writing about this today. I remember praying every night that he would help us wait. It had been such a struggle but so worth it.

I truly believe God made sex for a man and a woman. To bring them together as one and be able to share something so personal. I have so many friends that have chosen a different path and I am sad for them. I know how hard it is to wait but I also know what a great thing its going to be when I am married to the man of my dreams and we can share something that we haven't shared with anyone else.

I didn't write this to show how holy I am or how strong I am. I am none of those things without God. He put this on my heart, He brought Brandon and I together, and HE gave us the strength and self-control we needed.

1 comment: